Holistic Management International’s Beginning Farmer/Rancher Training Curriculum – Texas
Dripping Springs, TX
June 3- July 30, 2017
- You will form your Whole Farm/Ranch Goal to effectively align your business.
- You will learn about Ecology, how to read the land and create a Holistic Monitoring Plan to analyze management practices.
- You will create a Time Management Plan to increase business efficiencies.
- You will create a Grazing Plan or Crop Plan for your operation to maximize productivity.
- You will create a Financial Plan to increase the profitability and resilience.
- You will learn Marketing strategies and develop a Business Plan. You will create a Holistic Land Plan to guide your infrastructure and land development.
- You will increase skills in Communication and Leadership for more effective team work.
Designed for a small group of ten to fifteen, we will form a close network to help and support each other. Eight one-day classes scheduled over four weekends: two in June and two in July. Providing lots of hands-on experience, this course requires commitment and self-initiative. Reading and planning assignments will be made between classes. Each participant will have the opportunity to complete a holistic management plan by the end of the training.
June 3, 2017 – Introduction to Holistic Management and Time Management
June 4, 2017 – Financial Planning #1
June 17, 2017 – Financial Planning #2 & Ecosystem Function
June 18,2017 – Tools and Monitoring Ecosystem changes
July 15, 2017 – Grazing/Crop Planning and Management
July 16, 2017 – Land Planning
July 29, 2017 – Marketing and Developing a Business Plan
July 30, 2017 – Communication & Leadership; Graduation!
$450; $50 deposit to hold seat and $400 paid in full at first session. Sorry, scholarships are not available for this program.
9:00 am to 4:00 pm with break for lunch. Everyone brings a sack lunch.
North Hays County Fire Dept. Classroom, 400 Sportsplex, Dripping Springs, TX 78620. Plus a visit to a local ranch to practice skills introduced during the training.
Additional materials and directions will be provided following registration. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 830-456-5587 for registration information.