Open Gate: Bunchgrass Flat Day
How Grazing Helps Soil Health
June 17, 2017
Our Bunchgrass Flat Day is part of HMI’s Open Gate Learning Series.Open Gates are peer-to-peer action-based learning days with short presentations and small group exercises geared for participants to share discoveries and management techniques with guidance from experienced facilitators and producers.
Here are the TOP 9 reasons YOU should come be a part of it:
- Learn how Holistic Management enables producers to better manage risk, make better decisions and enjoy the benefits of regenerative agriculture
- Practice effective land management techniques to improve rangeland productivity, water-holding capacity, improved soil health and increased stocking rate.
- Discover how Holistic Management Planned Grazing improves the soil and moves plant succession in the right direction
- Discuss key soil health indicators, how to read the land and record monitoring results
- Explore and identify key plants that help produce results and advance you toward your goals
- Connect with folks from your area
- Meet your public agencies and hear how their programs might apply to your situation
- Learn about nutrient dense foods from nutrient dense soils and enjoy a lunch of food from this land
- Practice these techniques and meet with producers who have practiced these techniques
Come see how Bunchgrass Flat is “turning sunshine into protein, one blade at a time.”
Thank you to the generous support of our Sponsors for helping to make this day possible:
Thank You to our Collaborators
Oklahoma Land Stewardship Alliance
Please Help Us Grow
Holistic Management International’s mission is to educate people in regenerative agriculture for healthy land and thriving communities.
We have helped farmers and ranchers in 130 countries learn and practice Holistic Management for the past 3 decades. You can read some of their Success Stories to learn how Holistic Management has changed their lives and impacted their land.
As a non-profit organization, HMI is always grateful for donations in support of our mission. You can help regenerate land for healthy food and healthy lives with many giving options including scholarships for farmer/rancher training. Learn more here.
Leave a Reply