Two experienced facilitators and practitioners of the Holistic Management framework guide you towards the completion of your Management Plan for the Farm & Ranch of your dreams in an all women’s class.
- Define a Farm & Ranch Goal that includes the triple bottom line
- Prepare a starting farm and ranch inventory
- Refine your ability to read the land and create a monitoring plan
- Prepare yourself for success with a proactive Annual Financial Plan
- Understand the role of animals in your soil health program and drought management plan
- Utilize decision testing protocols to consistently move you towards your goal
- Budget your time and build confidence in priority setting
1 weekend a month May, June, July & August
- May 19- Intro, Decision Testing & Time Management
- May 20- Ecosystem & Tools, Principles of Monitoring
- June 16- Financial Planning
- June 17-Financial Planning & Land Planning
- July 14- Grazing Planning & Management
- July 15- Outside Exercises & Review Plans
- August 11- Marketing & Business Plans
- August 12- Leadership & Communication
Peggy Sechrist, HMI Certified Educator for over 25 years. Her scope of experience includes teaching workshops, working with ranching operations, non-profit organizations, and partnering with her husband, Richard, to create the first certified organic livestock operation in Texas in the 1990’s that included grass-fed beef and pastured poultry. As a team they also operated a regional CSA for seven years that peaked at 350 family members. Driven by personal interests, Peggy has studied and developed expertise in communication methodolgy and conflict mediation. Email contact: [email protected]
Katherine Ottmers, HMI Associate Certified Educator, experienced drylands homesteader with enterprises in farmstead goat dairy, pastured poultry, apiary, tipi stays, mushrooms, Licensed Survey Firm and Permaculture Practitioner. Email contact: [email protected]
Get the Latest News!
Stay up-to-date with the latest HMI happenings with our free bi-monthly e-newsletter, Covering Ground. New training opportunities, case studies, recipes, contests and more delivered right to you!
Sign up here.
(We will never sell or share your information. Opt out anytime.)