Reconciling Production with Land Health and Restoration
This 6-day course meets at 3 different locations in Oklahoma where you can see, first-hand, different applications of Holistic Management. Deepening your understanding of Holistic Management starts with creating or refining your Whole Farm/Ranch Goal and practicing the Holistic Decision-Making process. Further interactive, hands-on sessions will have you creating plans for and practicing biological monitoring, holistically managed grazing and creating the infrastructure to move towards your holistic goal in a financially sustainable manner.
October 21-22, 2016 – The Basics of Holistic Management & Ecosystem Function (Mountain Park, OK)
December 9-10, 2016 – Holistic Grazing Planning (Waukomis, OK)
January 20-21, 2017 – Holistic Land Planning (Locust Grove, OK)
9:00 – 5:00 each day
What to Expect
At the Reconciling Production with Land Health and Restoration Land Management Workshop, you will learn how:
- Practicing Holistic Management leads to better decision-making and more effective planning skills to build resilience and improve habitat for livestock and wildlife
- The water cycle functions and how participants can improve the water-holding capacity of the soil
- Participants can use grazing and animal impact on their farm or ranch to improve soil and forage stands, with consideration of wildlife needs
- Participants can create infrastructure and development strategies to create more profit for their operations and create resilient landscapes through improved management practices
- To de-stock and graze at appropriate times for optimum production
- To manage a farm or ranch more effectively given the land base they are working with and the potential markets they can serve
Did you know when you donate to HMI you are helping to create healthy food and healthy soil?
Please consider giving today.