- This event has passed.
*HMI Event* Financial Planning – Interactive Online Course
Learn how to work on your business, not just in your business. This step-by-step financial planning approach will help you understand the big picture view, plan for profit, control costs, and make critical production decisions based on a clear analysis of your different enterprises. You will develop a financial plan for improved financial decisions on both annual budgets and long-term investments. This course is six weeks long and you should plan on about 2 – 4 hours each week to participate in the webinars and complete the assignments.
Cost: $350, includes learning materials ($200 for FSA borrowers)
Dates: August 2 – September 13, 2022
Time: tbd (live webinars are recorded for later viewing)
Scholarship Deadline: July 26, 2022
Registration Deadline: August 2, 2022
Instructor: HMI Certified Educator Phil Metzger
For large-scale and small-scale ranchers, farmers, and land managers.
- Understanding the difference between financial planning, managing, and accounting and who is responsible for these activities on your management team
- Benefits of a holistic, value-based approach to finances
- Using your whole farm or ranch goal to improve your financial decision-making
- Prioritizing expenses to increase your farm/ranch investment strategies
- Planning for profit
- Improving profitability with enterprise analysis
- Analyzing net worth and tracking progress
- Writing plans to maximize profitability
- Increasing creativity in planning and marketing for more profit
- Develop a financial plan which will consist of a yearly budget
- Determine current net worth and projected net worth at year-end to analyze the effectiveness of financial investments
- Develop enterprise analysis for each enterprise (up to 3 enterprises) to move from a production focus to a profit focus
- Be able to analyze expenses and investment allocation strategies so you can better determine the return on investment (up to 3 investments)
- Be able to analyze livestock production strategies and ramifications on financial planning (for those working with livestock)
Fee & Financial Assistance
- $350 per person ($200 for FSA Borrowers)
- Eligible for Scholarships
- *Qualifies for FSA Borrower Training Credit in various USA states
FSA Borrowers – Email [email protected] for your FSA discount code when registering. The discounted price of $200/course applies to the Interactive Online Grazing Planning and Financial Planning courses only.
If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive a discount code. Click here for more information on how to use your code.
HMI stands behind our training programs. If you participate fully in this training program by attending all sessions and completing all assignments satisfactorily, and if you are not completely satisfied within 10 days of program completion, we will refund your registration fees.
Can’t make the live webinars? Sign up anyway – they’re recorded!
This course is seven weeks long and you should plan on about 2 – 4 hours each week participating in the webinars and completing the assignments. While the webinars are scheduled at a particular time, you will be able to complete the assignments at any time during the week. Don’t worry if you miss a webinar, we’ll be recording them and you can view it before the next scheduled webinar. Assignments may include watching videos, reading, and written exercises.
With real-time audio, video, and whiteboard capabilities our learning environment allows you to stay connected for a more engaging learning experience. You are encouraged to contribute to class discussions (either on the webinar or online forum). You can build relationships with other students from across the country and maybe even the world.
You’ll also receive a FREE one-year introductory electronic subscription to IN PRACTICE and a certificate upon completion of the course.
Technology /Language Requirements
- Computer (PC or Mac are fine)
- Reliable high-speed internet access
- Internet browser (Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari)
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Telephone (cell or landline) OR Microphone
- E-mail address
- All classes are taught in English
Training with Results
- Participants who are motivated to change management practices after training: 89%
- A majority of trainees increased net profit an average of 39%
- Participants who had increased forage: 59%
- Participants who had improved herd health: 71%
- Increased water infiltration by as much as 800%
- Increased organic matter from 1% to 6%
- Participants who extended their grazing season: 59%
“One of the first things that I took from Holistic Management Financial Planning was the “War on Cost”. I managed to save double the cost of my first Holistic Management course in my first year just by following this simple principle.” – Rob Havard, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
“Our family has been managing a grassfed beef farm and horse boarding operation for 8 years. The Holistic Financial Planning Course helped us clarify our goals and get an understanding of how to move towards our goals using our finances. We can now better analyze our financial data and prioritize effective re-investments in our business. We are continuing to do the work that we learned about in the class and will continue to improve our financial plan as we grow.”
– Bruce Johnson, Virginia, USA
Thank you to our Scholarship Sponsors
Scholarship funding support comes from the L&L Nippert Charitable Foundation and ISA TanTec.