Because it’s Friday, we thought we’d share some fun farm facts with you. Take a look at our list and please share any fun facts you may know that aren’t listed here.
- It takes over a gallon of milk to make one gallon of ice cream – but the end result is totally worth it.
- An adult turkey has more than 3,000 feathers. I wonder who counted them.
- There are almost 40 different breeds of sheep in the U.S.
- Like a snowflake, no two cows have the same exact pattern of spots.
- Raising beef cattle is the single largest segment of American agriculture.
- There are more than 7,000 varieties of apples grown across the globe.
- Pumpkins are 90% water.
- Pigs don’t have sweat glands, so they can’t sweat – so the term ‘sweating like a pig’ is completely false.
- Onions contain a mild antibiotic that can help fight infections.
- On average, Americans consume more than 1 billion pounds of popcorn annually.
- Corn can be grown on every continent except Antarctica.
- Americans consume more than 50 pounds of bread each year, though I’m fairly certain that my total is much more than 50 pounds.
- One acre of soybeans can produce more than 80,000 crayons. That’s a lot of coloring!
Please share any fun facts you may have with us!
Get the Latest News!
Stay up-to-date with the latest HMI happenings with our free bi-monthly e-newsletter, Covering Ground. New training opportunities, case studies, recipes, contests and more delivered right to you!
When you sign up, we’ll send you a free #LaVidaLocal window decal!
And now you can show your support of local farmers and ranchers with our #LaVidaLocal 100% organic cotton T-shirt and recycled shopping tote bag! Order yours today!
Leave a Reply