Recently HMI co-sponsored an Advanced Holistic Management training with ReGenAg UK that was taught by HMI Certified Educator Tony McQuail from Lucknow, Canada and UK Holistic Management practitioner Rob Havard.
32 participants from diverse backgrounds who managed 7467 acres came from around the UK to learn more about Holistic Financial Planning and Holistic Grazing Planning. There were farmers of course – from those just starting or hoping to start, to ones with many decades of experience, but there were also conservationists, advisors, managers and consultants.
Different participants enthused most strongly about different elements, from those whose biggest learning was about using Holistic Management to involve younger generations to those who saw how they could be more sure they wouldn’t run out of grass and budget capacity far better. However the thing which everyone seemed to universally enjoy was Rob’s farm tour where he showed how Holistic Planned Grazing works on the ground. They also greatly appreciated learning about Tony’s experience on his farm and how he has been practicing Holistic Management since 1995. Click here to read what one participant had to say.
Results from the post-course survey show:
- 100% of participants intend to start biological monitoring on their land
- 100% of participants were satisfied with the event
- 97% plan to create or modify a grazing plan as a result of this course
- 96% of participants intend to change management practices
- 87% gained knowledge in determining viable enterprises for their farms
- 87% gained knowledge in determining the number of animals their farms can support
- 84% gained confidence in their ability to identify weak links on their farms
- 80% gained knowledge in creating more profit for their farms
- 73% gained knowledge of how to improve landscape health with livestock
Another course is being offered by ReGenAg UK on January 16-18, 2017 at Three Parishes Village Hall, Grafton Flyford, Worcestershire, featuring Tony McQuail and Rob Havard. This is an Introduction to Holistic Management with a focus on Holistic Management® Financial Planning and Holistic Management® Grazing Planning. To learn more and register, click here.