Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock these last few years, you’ve heard plenty about the benefits of grassfed beef. While there are plenty of people who continue to believe that beef is beef, with little difference, the facts say otherwise. You are what you eat, and livestock are no different. What an animal eats can drastically change the nutritional value of the meat that is ultimately consumed from that animal.
Here are just a few ways in which grassfed animals differ from their grain-eating counterparts:
- A steak from a grassfed animal can have half the fat of a grain-fed animal
- A steak from a grass-fed animal is also lower in calories
- Grassfed beef can actually help to lower cholesterol levels
- Grassfed beef can provide between two to six times more omega-3 fatty acids, which can reduce the risk of a heart attack or cancer
- Grassfed animal products are also up to 4 times higher in Vitamin E
To read more about the benefits of grassfed beef, be sure to take a look at this article from Eat Wild. To learn more about our programs, or to help support our mission to educate people in regenerative agriculture for healthy land and thriving communities, please visit our website today.
Leave a Reply