Healthy Soil for Healthy Food
June 11, 2016
Hickory Lake Beef
Zuehl and La Vernia, TX
Are you interested in local food and a healthier community?
A mom trying to find nutrient-dense foods for her family?
A farmer or rancher interested in learning how to produce and market grass-fed meat?
Just wanting to know more about healthy soil and how it relates to a healthy food system?
Our Hickory Lake Beef Day is part of HMI’s Open Gate Learning Series. Open Gates are on-the-ground learning days for producers and consumers who care about land health and creating nutritious food systems to come together and discover their role in regenerative agriculture.
Come and be a part of this on-the-ground learning day, enjoy nutritious, fresh food and help strengthen local foodsheds. Because we all have a stake in the way our food is grown.
- Meet the Rackleys who are creatively growing high-quality beef
- Discover how to hold more water and carbon in the soil
- Enjoy a meal by Chef Tobias Soto featuring Hickory Lake Beef
- Identify indicators of good soil health
- Learn about grass-fed meat production and marketing
- Discuss practical grazing and handling strategies to improve the land and the cattle
- Hear how Holistic Management enables producers to better manage risk, make better decisions and enjoy the benefits of regenerative agriculture
Advanced registration is $25 per person (includes lunch) and closes on June 6, 2016. Space is limited.
Special thanks to our Collaborators
Leave a Reply