Recent research from an independent study conducted for the European Parliament confirmed what most of us already know…that growing and eating organic food is beneficial, to both the consumer and the planet.
The study measured some of the major differences between organic and non-organic food and farming, and has reached some impressive conclusions, including:
- A reduced risk of food-born allergies in children
- A reduced risk of obesity in adults that ate organic food
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduced risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes
- Reduced risk of developing cardiovascular disease
- Reduced exposure to harmful pesticides
- Reduced exposure to heavy metals that are frequently found in fertilizers
- A higher level of beneficial omega-3 fatty acids
- Reduced exposure to antibiotics
As study after study continues to confirm, the benefits of organic, regeneratively grown food offers a wealth of benefits in healthy vitamins and minerals, while reducing exposure to unnecessary antibiotics, pesticides and toxic metals.
To read more about how Holistic Management works to build healthy soil that produces nutrient-dense food free of pesticides, check out this issue of Certified Organic.
Get the Latest News!
Stay up-to-date with the latest HMI happenings with our free bi-monthly e-newsletter, Covering Ground. New training opportunities, case studies, recipes, contests and more delivered right to you!
When you sign up, we’ll send you a free #LaVidaLocal window decal!
And now you can show your support of local farmers and ranchers with our #LaVidaLocal 100% organic cotton T-shirt and recycled shopping tote bag! Order yours today!