Getting Started Holistic Land Planning Course Results
HMI’s Online Learning Series Getting Started Holistic Land Planning course began in May of 2017 with 21 participants from all around the world. This course focused on the key holistic land planning design principles and practices to allow participants to more effectively manage all their resources. This simple approach to land planning helped the participants explore key infrastructure/land improvement projects in the context of their whole farm/ranch goal to better analyze design possibilities for improved return on investment. Participants developed management consideration lists, land plan options and explored tool options and the return on investment of the different land planning options using the Holistic Management decision making framework and considering how such options will affect land productivity.
After surveying the participants who completed the Getting Started Holistic Land Planning course, all of the participants experienced knowledge, behavior and confidence increases with:
- How to prioritize land/infrastructure development/investments
- Design strategies that can build resilient, diversified farms
- How to assess management considerations to guide land planning
- How to incorporate natural resources issues on your farm into land planning
- How to incorporate social/legal/contractual considerations into land planning
- How permaculture methods fit into Holistic Land Planning
- The ability to prioritize land or infrastructure improvements on a farm/ranch
- The ability to incorporate farm natural resources issues into land planning
- The ability to incorporate social/legal considerations into land planning
Everyone Surveyed intends to:
- Complete or modify a written land plan as a result of the course.
- To change management practices as a result of this course.
“Thanks to HMI for organizing Getting Started Land Planning Online Course. I had no expectations it would help me in so many ways. One of the most important things I got for it is a clear and organized process of land planning. I was able to use the knowledge and the process instantly and it’s also going to be a framework in my future endeavors. Forever thankful!” – Aljaz Plankl