Holistic Cropping Planning
Creating Resilient and Profitable Cropland
If you are excited about Regenerative Agriculture and raise crops, HMI’s Holistic Cropping Planning Course will give you the tools to grow healthy crops, healthy soil, and healthy profits. In this course you will learn how to effectively manage your cropland and cropping practices to increase soil fertility and resilience as well as increase production and profitability from your cropping practices. Learn how to complete crop production planning all in the context of regenerative and conservation agriculture. This curriculum was developed with input from master farmers and educators and explains key cropping concepts such as no-till, cover cropping, cocktail seeding, mulching, intercropping, shelterbelts, perennial crops, and integrating livestock. This course provides numerous planning worksheets and templates as well examples of completed worksheets and a long list of multi-media resources for further study.
Dates: January 18,25 February 1,8,15,22, 2018
Time: Live at 9:00-10:00 am MST (also recorded for later viewing)
Scholarship Deadline: January 17, 2018
Registration Deadline: January 17, 2018
Instructor: Holistic Management Certified Educator, Preston Sullivan
Ongoing Learning and Support
All course curriculum is downloadable so you can save it for future use. And when you take a Holistic Management course, your learning and support doesn’t end when the class is over. At the end of your training, you will be notified by email of an opportunity to continue to learn and get support and feedback on plans for two months after your training. In addition to all the resources available to you during the class, you will have access to:
- 2 additional months of support and learning
- Monthly live webinars to assist you and other trainees (recorded for you to watch if you can’t make the webinar)
- The opportunity to get additional feedback on your plans
- More opportunity to engage with and learn from the international network of Holistic Management practitioners.
Fee, Financial Assistance and Payment Plan
- $350 per person **Use coupon code JAN100 for additional $100 off!**
- Eligible for the HMI Terry Gompert Memorial Scholarship
- If you are a qualified beginning farmer/rancher and a Nebraska resident, you may receive a one-time Nebraska state income tax credit (up to $500) for completing Getting Started Introduction to Holistic Management Whole Farm/Ranch Planning AND Getting Started Holistic Financial Planning. See the Next Gen website for details and an application.
Classes require a minimum of 10 and are restricted to a maximum of 35 participants.
Can’t afford to pay in full? No problem! HMI offers convenient payment plans to help you get the training you want to create a more profitable and sustainable business.
The Payment Plan is optional. You can pay the total amount of $350 when registering or 2 installments totaling $375. The payment plan schedule is as follows:
- $200 due upon registration
- $175 due Feb 14, 2018
Money Back Guarantee
HMI stands behind our training programs. If you participate fully in this training program by attending all sessions and completing all assignments satisfactorily, and if you are not completely satisfied within 10 days of program completion, we will refund your registration fees.
This course is seven weeks long and you should plan on about 2 – 4 hours each week to participate in the webinars and complete the assignments. While the webinars are scheduled at a particular time, you will be able to complete the assignments at any time during the week. Don’t worry if you miss a webinar, we’ll be recording them and you can view it before the next scheduled webinar. Assignments may include watching videos, reading and written exercises.
With real-time audio, video and whiteboard capabilities our learning environment allows you to stay connected for a more engaging learning experience. You are encouraged to contribute to class discussions (either on the webinar or online forum). You can build relationships with other students from across the country and maybe even the world.
You’ll also receive a FREE one-year introductory electronic subscription to IN PRACTICE and a certificate upon completion of the course.
Technology /Language Requirements
- Computer (PC or Mac are fine)
- Reliable high-speed internet access
- Internet browser (Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari)
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Telephone (cell or land line) OR Microphone
- E-mail address
- All classes are taught in English (unless otherwise specified)
Wondering about the results our courses achieve and the impact they make on our students? Find out here.