Holistic Grazing Planning
Do you want to increase forage production?
Would you like a grazing process that helps you better manage your animals?
Are you ready to heal the landscape and improve wildlife habitat with livestock?
In this course you will learn the key grazing planning principles and practices for improving land health and productivity. You will learn the steps to this simple approach to grazing planning so that you can better analyze and address critical grazing considerations, as well as determine forage inventory, animal needs, and grazing and recovery periods.
Once you have clarity about these parameters you will learn how to develop and communicate to others a written grazing plan.
This course begins when you sign up, so register today!
Fee and Financial Assistance
- $600 per person
- Eligible for the HMI Terry Gompert Memorial Scholarship
- *Qualifies for FSA Borrower Training Credit in various USA states
You can sign up for this course individually or register for two or more courses in the Individualized Learning Series Package and save 10%. We strongly recommend taking the Introduction course before starting the others.
Cancellations received before or within 7 days after the course begins will receive an 80% refund. No refunds will be given otherwise. This policy is required due to financial obligations incurred by HMI in planning these courses. We appreciate your understanding.
How Individualized Distance Learning Works:
- All the learning materials needed for the course are included in the course fee
- The course begins when you sign up and receive your learning materials
- The courses are self-paced, flexible and designed to meet the needs of busy agricultural professionals, educators and producers
- You will receive 16 hours of personalized one-on-one training per course
- Three months are allowed to complete each course
- You will earn a certificate of completion and credit towards a Holistic Management Certified Educator credential
- You will have lots of time for in-depth conversations and guidance about your unique situation
- computer (PC or Mac are fine)
- reliable high-speed internet access
- internet browser (Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari)
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- telephone (cell or land line) or Skype
- e-mail address
- all classes are taught in English
What Another Student Had to Say About the Training He Received
“What I’ve learned in this course is that by using grazing with our farming we can till less and fertilize more naturally, which leaves the soils in better heath. This idea is very sellable to our customers.” – Jake Smith, California, USA
Wondering about the results our courses achieve and the impact they make on our students? Find out here.