Introduction to Holistic Management®
Whole/Farm Ranch Planning
Do you need a planning process that will increase the profitability and production of your farm or ranch?
Would you like to learn management techniques that help with maximize your natural, social, and financial resources?
In this course you will learn how to effectively manage your farm or ranch through the principles and practices of Holistic Management (link to Why HM)—a nationally recognized whole farm/ranch planning process. You will have the opportunity to learn not only how to manage your farm/ranch for the triple bottom line (social, environmental, and financial sustainability) and more effectively manage resources, but also be able to ask questions of how to help others with that process. Learn how to improve your ability to observe, understand, and make decisions, based on what you can control and ask the right questions to facilitate that process for others. Through these new skills you can improve your ability to work with nature and to increase your productivity and share those ideas with others.
This course begins when you sign up, so register today!
Fee and Financial Assistance
- $600 per person, or take the full package of 6 courses at 10% off (your choice of either Holistic Grazing or Cropping Planning)
- Eligible for Scholarships
You can sign up for this course individually or register for five or more courses in the Individualized Learning Series Package and save 10%. We strongly recommend taking the Introduction course before starting the others.
Cancellations received before or within 7 days after the course begins will receive an 80% refund. No refunds will be given otherwise. This policy is required due to financial obligations incurred by HMI in planning these courses. We appreciate your understanding.
How Individualized Distance Learning Works:
- All the learning materials needed for the course are included in the course fee
- The course begins when you sign up and receive your learning materials
- The courses are self-paced, flexible and designed to meet the needs of busy agricultural professionals, educators and producers
- You will receive 16 hours of personalized one-on-one training per course
- Three months are allowed to complete each course
- You will earn a certificate of completion and credit towards a Holistic Management Certified Educator credential
- You will have lots of time for in-depth conversations and guidance about your unique situation
- computer (PC or Mac are fine)
- reliable high-speed internet access
- internet browser (Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari)
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- telephone (cell or land line) or Skype
- e-mail address
- all classes are taught in English
What Some of Our Students Had to Say About the Training They Received:
“This course has also begun the process of a mindset change that is taking weeds from being a problem to being ground cover and feed. With this mindset change there is already an increase in creativity in practices and reassessments of current practices.” – Raven Lukehart and Jake Smith, California, USA
“Walking through the comprehensive introduction course with Craig was completely eye opening. I thought that I had a good base when considering the big picture of Holistic Management. However, there was so much practical application passed on through this course that I realized that I had quite a few pieces missing when it came to putting it into practice. I’d recommend the comprehensive intro course to any prospective educators as Julie and team are top notch!” – Michael Come, Texas, USA
“Knowledge is power and changes lives. Thanks to your scholarship I was able to take this course. Would like you all to know, you are indirectly impacting communities, improving lives, creating a better world and ultimately saving our planet.” – Jude Tatabod, Massachusetts, USA
“Running a problem or opportunity through the testing questions is like having a roundtable discussion with yourself with only one ego to wrangle. The testing questions are teaching me to be more open to alternative solutions to a problem rather than looking at the issues as an either or situation. Also, the testing questions ask me to determine the essence of the problem, which helps with determining the best action to address that problem and its root cause. And lastly, as a dreamer/visionary who doesn’t always ground myself in the reality of finances, it is teaching me to look at alternatives through the lens of profit and financial feasibility, all without quashing the vision. Love that!” – Catherine Semrod, Oklahoma, USA
Wondering about the results our courses achieve and the impact they make on our students? Find out here.