Open Gate: Shipwheel Feeders Day
July 7, 2016, 9 am – 4 pm
Taber, Alberta, Canada
Do you care about clean water and the healthy wildlife in your community?
Are you a farmer or livestock producer interested in learning how to use livestock to regenerate the land?
Our Shipwheel Feeders Day is part of HMI’s Open Gate Learning Series. Open Gates are peer-to-peer action-based learning days with short presentations and small group exercises geared for participants to share discoveries and management techniques with guidance from experienced facilitators and producers.
Come and be a part of this on-the-ground learning day and help strengthen your local foodshed. Because we all make choices that affect the health of our community.
What to Expect
At the Open Gate: Shipwheel Feeders Day, you will…
- Get hands-on experience with biological monitoring and learn the key indicators of riparian health
- Practice the Holistic Management Decision Making process
- See an effective composting operation
- Discuss how to use livestock to regenerate the land
- Learn the financial management practice of enterprise analysis and making decisions towards the triple bottom line
- Discover how to keep our water clean and hold more carbon in the soil
- Hear how Holistic Management enables producers to better manage risk, make better decisions and enjoy the benefits of regenerative agriculture
Thank You to our Collaborators & Outreach Partners:
Sponsor This Series
Our Open Gate series offers organizations, agencies and businesses a great opportunity to network with farmers, ranchers and consumers interested in sustainable agricultural ideas, products and services. We offer a variety of affordable Sponsorship Opportunities to connect you with our community. Please email Stephanie von Ancken at stephv(AT)holisticmanagement(DOT)org for more information.