Home for Princess Beef is on Rogers Mesa outside Hotchkiss, Colorado where Cynthia and Ira Houseweart and their daughters, Izzi and CeCe, live and work on their fifth generation portion of the century old Houseweart Family Ranch. You can learn more about the history of all the families involved in our History section. Princess Beef began in 1999 with a cow named Princess which was given to Cynthia by Steve and Rachel Allen of Crawford, Colorado. Princess was raised by Cynthia at the Allen Ranch, where she was a ranch hand for many years. Through Princess and her calves the idea of selling home grown, 100% grassfed and finished beef came to be. You are welcome to visit the Princess Beef operation at any time.
- NO anitbiotics, NO hormones and
- NO toxic chemical fertilizers employed
- Animals NEVER confined in a feedlot and NEVER grain fattened.
- Beef lower in fat, calories and cholesterol
- Beef higher in beta carotene, vitamin E, conjugated linoleic acid (cla) and omega 3 fatty acids