Share Your Knowledge. Spread Hope.
The interest in Holistic Management continues to grow as our Holistic Management community continues to expand, providing knowledge, proven methods for agricultural success, and hope for the future. For this reason, HMI has created a network of geographically dispersed learning/demonstration sites that are long-time Holistically Managed working operations who provide the public access to their operations to give them the opportunity to observe Holistic Management in practice and learn how to increase the productivity and profitability of farms/ranches.
HMI Learning Sites
The following HMI Learning Sites have met all requirements to formally partner with HMI on the sharing of Holistic Management with the public. HMI also provides curriculum and outreach support to these sites for the mutual benefit of all stakeholders in the regenerative agriculture community. Please look at the listings below and reach out to these exceptional educational sites to learn more.
Mantere Farm (Finland)
Arriola Sunshine Farm (Colorado)
Badger Creek Ranch (Colorado)
Birdwell and Clark Ranch (Texas)
Casper Farms (Colorado)
Durham Ranch (Wyoming)
East Brook Community Farm (New York)
Graze the Prairie (Kansas)
Greenacres Foundation (Ohio)
Markegard Family Grass-fed (California)
Paicines Ranch (California)
Senter Ranch (Texas)
Learning Site Requirements
Are you interested in learning how to become an HMI Learning Site? Please review the following requirements.
- Yearly cost is $150/year. Documentation of planning and monitoring required annually.
- Demonstrated training in and practice of Holistic Management (Must have completed at least 3 modules in formal Holistic Management training).
- Must be willing to represent the ideals of Holistic Management & formally partner with HMI.
- Must be willing to host Open Gates, workshops and/or individual field tours and/or be willing to share research, monitoring, studies, articles, blogs, etc. with HMI for sharing with the larger public.
- Share data you have collected annually in the form of copies of:
- Grazing or cropping plan (production plans), and
- Monitoring data (you can use your own monitoring or planning forms you have developed for your own purposes), and
- Holistic goal, and
- Any professional activity (ie. Number of field days, number of people visiting your farm/ranch, on-farm/ranch research data, other educational programming, etc.).
What you receive as an HMI Learning Site:
- Website Listing
- Promotion of your Holistic Management events on our web calendar or promotions on HMI social media
- HMI will promote your learning site through case studies, success stories, guest blogs, or IN PRACTICE articles
- Discounts on Holistic Management Curriculum
- Permission to reprint Holistic Management Curriculum for Programming
- Free Holistic Management promotional materials
- Opportunities to be involved in grant-funded programs
- A metal farm sign that reads: “Recognized by HMI as an Outstanding Demonstration Site of Holistic Management.”
If you would like to submit an application, please fill out the following document by completing the HMI Learning Site Application.