Do you want healthier land and more profit with fewer inputs and less stress?
Would you benefit from a supportive group of like-minded peers and mentors to help you mastermind creative solutions towards your land health and business goals?
We’re currently accepting applications!
HMI’s Regen Ag Mentoring Program (RAMP) provides new and experienced producers with the opportunity to accelerate their implementation and practice of regenerative agriculture. Each peer-to-peer producer group is facilitated by an experienced educator who also provides one-on-one mentoring to members.
This program provides the tools and support to achieve RESULTS. We know that change can be intimidating, but we can help you REDUCE THE RISK and REAP THE REWARDS.
An Entire Year of Agricultural Business Coaching
Learn Decision-Making Strategies for Better Results
Regional Peer-to-Peer Networking Meetings
Pasture Monitoring & Soil Testing
Monthly Consulting to Improve Profit
ACCELERATE YOUR LEARNING AND SUCCESS WITH RAMP!
As a RAMP member, you will be part of a regional peer group of farmers or ranchers who are dedicated to improving profit, land health, productivity, and their family’s quality of life. Facilitated group meetings will help harness the power of teamwork to optimize each member’s progress.
Each RAMP group has 6-8 farm or ranch management teams supported by an HMI Certified Educator. Group meetings will take place 2-4 times/year and you will have one dedicated visit by an HMI Certified Educator to your farm or ranch to help identify top priorities and design a low-cost management practice to trial. Monthly support via phone and email keeps you on target with your production and financial goals.
- Monthly consulting to determine options for improved profitability in your main enterprise
- Facilitated group meetings to mastermind creative solutions for your toughest challenges
- Ongoing support and accountability from a close-knit network of like-minded agricultural producers
- Two monitoring transects to evaluate biological results from your management practice trial
- Help identifying plant species to increase understanding of your land productivity
- Free soil testing (PLFA, water infiltration, Haney test)
- Monthly support to reduce the learning curve for new production practices
- Making the Most of Your Team
- Sharing Resources for More Profit
- Practices and Techniques that Work
- Understanding Your Land and Creating Resilience
- Improving Personnel Productivity and Time Management
Limited space is available and dependent on enough interest in a local area. If you would like to be considered to be part of a mentor group, please share this with others who might be interested, and click here to complete your application.
- On-Farm/Ranch Goal-Setting for Effective Strategy and Succession
- On-Farm/Ranch Decision-Making Tool for Successful Planning
- Financial Tools to Quickly Determine Profitability
- Understanding Your Land and Creating Resilience
- How to Identify Barriers and Develop Low-Risk Solutions
- Monitoring for Success
- Free subscription to HMI’s IN PRACTICE journal featuring innovative agricultural producers
- Free registration for HMI Getting Started Online Courses for continuing education (Grazing Planning, Financial Planning, and Cropping Planning)
- The opportunity to become an HMI Learning Site to promote your farm or ranch
RAMP Member Qualifications
- Motivated to learn and apply regenerative practices
- Determined to achieve significant results on their ranch or farm
- Interested in learning new innovative techniques from other farmers and ranchers
- Ready to have the conversations that will help them see what needs to be improved
- Committed to monitoring production and financial goals
- Dedicated to making a successful business
Cost and Scholarships
This program normally costs $1500/year; however, we have grant funding that has reduced the registration fee to only $750 for the entire year. Payment plans and scholarships are also available. Learn more about scholarships here.
HMI stands behind our training programs. If you participate fully in this program by attending all sessions and if you are not completely satisfied within 10 days of program completion, we will refund your registration fees.
“This has been great for us. We have really enjoyed the bond we have felt with all the members and also with you all as leadership. I really feel it will help move more operations from theory to the reality of getting positive change started.“
“It is certainly rare to find people that care enough to spend time to visit, especially people that can be candid and really care. It is really good to have a group of folks to visit with and look towards the future to try to make everything better for everybody.”
“I’m not sure where else you would find a group of people concerned about helping each other, concerned about everyone doing well, finding goals, taking care of family, taking care of the land, and being profitable. Most agricultural people find themselves on their own, so this is an outstanding opportunity to seek support and strive for the future.“
“We liked the inquiry process and think the action plans are pivotal. It’s one thing to develop an action plan and a completely different animal to accomplish and complete them.“
Thanks to the Greenacres Foundation for their scholarship support of our programs.