FINANCIAL PLANNING ONLINE
Cost: $350, includes learning materials
Dates: April 13 – May 18, 2021 (April 13, 20, 27 & May 4, 11, 18)
Time: 6PM – 7PM MST (live webinars are recorded for later viewing)
Scholarship Deadline: April 5, 2021
Registration Deadline: April 13, 2021
Instructor: HMI Certified Educator, Phil Metzger
For large-scale and small-scale ranchers, farmers, and land managers.
Learn how to work on your business, not just in your business. This step-by-step financial planning approach will help you understand the big picture view, plan for profit, control costs, and make critical production decisions based on a clear analysis of your different enterprises. You will develop a financial plan for improved financial decisions on both annual budgets and long-term investments.
- Understanding the difference between financial planning, managing, and accounting and who is responsible for these activities on your management team
- Benefits of a holistic, value-based approach to finances
- Using your whole farm or ranch goal to improve your financial decision-making
- Prioritizing expenses to increase your farm/ranch investment strategies
- Planning for profit
- Improving profitability with enterprise analysis
- Analyzing net worth and tracking progress
- Writing plans to maximize profitability
- Increasing creativity in planning and marketing for more profit
- Develop a financial plan which will consist of a yearly budget
- Determine current net worth and projected net worth at year-end to analyze the effectiveness of financial investments
- Develop enterprise analysis for each enterprise (up to 3 enterprises) to move from a production focus to a profit focus
- Be able to analyze expenses and investment allocation strategies so you can better determine the return on investment (up to 3 investments)
- Be able to analyze livestock production strategies and ramifications on financial planning (for those working with livestock)
Fee & Financial Assistance
- $350 per person
- Eligible for the Greenacres Foundation Scholarships
- *Qualifies for FSA Borrower Training Credit in various USA states
If you are awarded a scholarship, you will receive a discount code. Click here for more information on how to use your code.
HMI stands behind our training programs. If you participate fully in this training program by attending all sessions and completing all assignments satisfactorily, and if you are not completely satisfied within 10 days of program completion, we will refund your registration fees.
This course is seven weeks long and you should plan on about 2 – 4 hours each week participating in the webinars and completing the assignments. While the webinars are scheduled at a particular time, you will be able to complete the assignments at any time during the week. Don’t worry if you miss a webinar, we’ll be recording them and you can view them before the next scheduled webinar. Assignments may include watching videos, reading, and written exercises.
With real-time audio, video, and whiteboard capabilities our learning environment allows you to stay connected for a more engaging learning experience. You are encouraged to contribute to class discussions (either on the webinar or online forum). You can build relationships with other students from across the country and maybe even the world.
You’ll also receive a FREE one-year introductory electronic subscription to IN PRACTICE and a certificate upon completion of the course.
Technology / Language Requirements:
- Computer (PC or Mac are fine)
- Reliable high-speed internet access
- Internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Explorer, or Safari)
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Telephone (cell or landline) OR Microphone
- E-mail address
- Taught in English
Training with Results
- Participants who are motivated to change management practices after training: 89%
- A majority of trainees increased net profit an average of 39%
- Participants who had increased forage: 59%
- Participants who had improved herd health: 71%
- Increased water infiltration by as much as 800%
- Increased organic matter from 1% to 6%
- Participants who extended their grazing season: 59%
“The Holistic Management International Courses have opened my eyes to a new world of animal, land, and business management. Before HMI, a total novice in farming, farm animals, and land management. The once thought of short golf course beautiful pastures now bring a totally different feeling. No longer is overworked, undernourished, lands my envy. Transforming our own little 10-acre paradise into a healthy well managed, and planned-out piece of heaven on earth has been made so much easier by the knowledge we have gained from these courses. The instructors are fantastic and so helpful with excellent advice for each person either in class or one on one. Anyone who wants to find a different way to see the business of farming, novice or expert I believe HMI is well worth the time spent to participate.” – Holly Dolder, Washington, USA
“One of the first things that I took from Holistic Management Financial Planning was the “War on Cost”. I managed to save double the cost of my first Holistic Management course in my first year just by following this simple principle.” – Rob Havard, Worcestershire, United Kingdom