Investing in Profitable Ranch Infrastructure
July 21, 2017
Monte Prieto Ranch
Claunch, New Mexico
Are you a rancher interested in raising grass-fed beef or healthier wildlife populations?
Would you like to know about innovative management that preserves the ranching lifestyle for future generations?
Our Monte Prieto Ranch Day is part of HMI’s Open Gate Learning Series. Open Gates are peer-to-peer action-based learning days with short presentations and small group exercises geared for participants to share discoveries and management techniques with guidance from experienced facilitators and producers.
Holistic Management works with nature, not against it. We will discuss planet and animal-friendly management techniques that lead to richer soil, improved water containment, nutrient-dense food, more successful farms and ranches, and thriving communities.
Come and be a part of this on-the-ground learning day, connect with others who care about a healthy food system and help strengthen your local communities. Because we all have a stake in the way our food is grown.
At the Open Gate: Monte Prieto Ranch Day, you will…
- Meet Molly Baldrige and the Monte Prieto Ranch management team and learn how they are developing the ranch to be more profitable, more productive and to meet their quality of life goals.
- Hear how Holistic Management enables producers to better manage risk, make better decisions and enjoy the benefits of regenerative agriculture.
- Hear from the next generation of young ranch managers.
- Learn about NRCS programs available to you.
- Discuss key soil health indicators, how to read the land and record monitoring results.
- Explore and identify key plants that help produce results and advance you toward your goals.
- Connect with folks from your area.
- Learn about grass-fed meat production and marketing.
- Discover how Holistic Management Planned Grazing improves the soil and moves plant succession in the right direction.
- Practice effective land management techniques to improve rangeland productivity, water-holding capacity, improved soil health and increased stocking rate.
- Share information with and learn from other experienced producers.
Only $25, includes lunch! Online registration closes July 17, 2017.
Please Help Us Grow
Holistic Management International’s mission is to educate people in regenerative agriculture for healthy land and thriving communities.
We have helped farmers and ranchers in 130 countries learn and practice Holistic Management for the past 3 decades. You can read some of their Success Stories to learn how Holistic Management has changed their lives and impacted their land.
As a non-profit organization, HMI is always grateful for donations in support of our mission. You can help regenerate land for healthy food and healthy lives with many giving options including scholarships for farmer/rancher training. Learn more here.