California Whole Farm/Ranch Land Management 2017
March 24-25, April 7-8 and April 28-29, 2017
Paicines Ranch, Paicines, California
This 6-day course will be held at Paicines Ranch where you can see first-hand applications of Holistic Management. Deepening your understanding of Holistic Management starts with creating or refining your Whole Farm/Ranch Goal and practicing the Holistic Decision-Making process. Further interactive, hands-on sessions will have you creating plans for and practicing biological monitoring, holistically managed grazing and creating the infrastructure to move towards your holistic goal in a financially sustainable manner.
At the Improving Whole Farm/Ranch Land Management Workshop series you will learn and practice:
- How practicing Holistic Management leads to better decision-making and more effective planning skills to build resilience and improve habitat for livestock and wildlife.
- How the water cycle functions and how participants can improve the water-holding capacity of the soil
- How participants can use grazing and animal impact on their farm or ranch to improve soil and forage stands, and address wildlife needs.
- How participants can create long-term infrastructure and development strategies to create more profit for their operations and create resilient landscapes through improved management practices.
- When and how to destock if needed, and how to graze at appropriate times and places for desired wildlife
- How to manage a farm or ranch more effectively given your land base and the potential markets you can serve. Improve networking with others who practice managing holistically.
Advanced registration is $250 per person for the series of all three 2-day workshops. Scholarships are available.