Open Gate: Green Gate Farm Day
April 29, 2017
Green Gate Farms
Our Green Gate Farms Day is part of HMI’s Open Gate Learning Series. Open Gates are peer-to-peer action-based learning days with short presentations and small group exercises geared for participants to share discoveries and management techniques with guidance from experienced facilitators and producers.
Whether you are an agricultural producer (or wannabe), locavore, foodie, urbanite concerned with a thriving community, or just interested in organic vegetables and grass-fed meat, this is a day for you.
Come and be a part of this on-the-ground learning day, connect with others who care about a healthy food system and help strengthen your local communities. Because we all have a stake in the way our food is grown.
Only $25, includes lunch!
What to Expect
At the Open Gate: Green Gate Farms, you will…
- See what neighborhood organic farmers are doing to maintain land health and profitability while offering healthy, local food all can afford
- Learn about the Holistic Management goal setting and decision-making process
- Hear the Green Gate story and tour the farm
- Learn about grass-fed pork production
- Discuss the opportunities for and obstacles to urban farming
- Learn ways to get connected with great food – food hubs, CSA’s, Farmers Markets, Farm Stands
- Hear how Holistic Management enables producers to better manage risk, make better decisions and enjoy the benefits of regenerative agriculture.
Get the Latest News!
Stay up-to-date with the latest HMI happenings with our free bi-monthly e-newsletter, Covering Ground. New training opportunities, case studies, recipes, contests and more delivered right to you!
When you sign up, we’ll send you a free #LaVidaLocal window decal!
And now you can show your support of local farmers and ranchers with our #LaVidaLocal 100% organic cotton T-shirt and recycled shopping tote bag! Order yours today!
Leave a Reply