April 19, 2017
Circle P Ranch
Would you like to see how a successful rancher improves soil health, increases water infiltration, and achieves better productivity?
Do you want to learn more about grazing planning, water management, and infrastructure needs?
Have you wondered about the pros and cons of organic certification?
Our T.O. Cattle Co. Day is part of HMI’s Open Gate Learning Series. Open Gates are peer-to-peer action-based learning days with short presentations and small group exercises geared for participants to share discoveries and management techniques with guidance from experienced facilitators and producers.
Only $25 and includes lunch!
What to Expect
At the Open Gate: T.O. Cattle Co., you will…
- Learn how Holistic Management enables producers to better manage risk, make better decisions and enjoy the benefits of regenerative and organic agriculture
- Meet Joe Morris and learn how he has successfully applied Holistic Management in his ranching operation
- Practice the Holistic Management decision testing process
- Learn about the pros and cons of Organic Certification
- Discuss the opportunities for and obstacles to urban farming
- Enjoy a nutrient dense lunch featuring Morris grassfed beef burgers
- See the cow herd, pre and post grazing examples, and examples of infrastructure needed to manage planned grazing
- Learn how to assess forage and determine Animal Days per Acre on your land
- See how livestock have been used to improve pasture and riparian areas
- Learn how planned grazing increases soil health and forage diversity, and how that creates quality foods
- Share information with and learn from other experienced producers
Get the Latest News!
Stay up-to-date with the latest HMI happenings with our free bi-monthly e-newsletter, Covering Ground. New training opportunities, case studies, recipes, contests and more delivered right to you!
When you sign up, we’ll send you a free #LaVidaLocal window decal!
And now you can show your support of local farmers and ranchers with our #LaVidaLocal 100% organic cotton T-shirt and recycled shopping tote bag! Order yours today!