As Earth Day approaches (April 22), many of us look for ways to celebrate our planet. Here are a few suggestions:
- Take a hike. Go kayaking. Take a walk along the beach. Wade in the river. Dance in the rain. Embrace the wind. Climb a mountain. Or just stroll through your local park. The point is to get out there and enjoy the limitless beauty that the earth provides us every single day.
- Plant a tree. Or a tomato plant. Or pumpkins. Or whatever you will lovingly tend to as the months pass. Get your fingernails dirty as you handle the soil that sustains life on this planet for all of us.
- Go to a Farmers Market. Take time to appreciate the scent and the beauty of the fresh produce in front of you. And while you’re there, take the time to meet and thank the farmers that dedicate their lives to providing fresh food for all of us.
- Turn off a light. Silence your television. Put down your phone. Step away from your computer or tablet. Then go outside and appreciate all of the gifts that the earth provides us.
- Buy a reusable water bottle. Buy one for your friends. The U.S. consumes 5o BILLION (plastic) bottles of water annually. Stop contributing to and start solving this environmental crisis.
- Change a light bulb. Seriously, changing your old bulbs to new, energy efficient bulbs will allow you to save energy as they typically consume between 25% to 80% less energy than traditional bulbs, while lasting up to five times longer.
- Take a moment to appreciate the enormity of our planet and what it provides to all of us every day. Then make a vow to start treating it better, not for a single day, but year round.
Don’t wait until Saturday to celebrate Earth Day. Start the celebration today!
Get the Latest News!
Stay up-to-date with the latest HMI happenings with our free bi-monthly e-newsletter, Covering Ground. New training opportunities, case studies, recipes, contests and more delivered right to you!
When you sign up, we’ll send you a free #LaVidaLocal window decal!
And now you can show your support of local farmers and ranchers with our #LaVidaLocal 100% organic cotton T-shirt and recycled shopping tote bag! Order yours today!
Leave a Reply