Greenacres Foundation is a educational farm using Holistic Management near Cincinnati, Ohio. They are currently looking for a Director of Agriculture.
The Greenacres Director of Agriculture will be a strategic thought-partner and report to the Greenacres Chief Operating Officer. The ideal candidate is an experienced practitioner of Holistic Management and grass based sustainable agriculture with proven experience leading and developing a team that manages all sustainable agriculture production. This position manages cattle, poultry, sheep, equine, pastures, crop and hay production, sustainable agriculture and research.
This position will play a critical role in partnering with other senior leaders to develop a long term strategic plan as well as other operational improvements that will enable Greenacres to continue to grow and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a Holistic Management Agriculture leader to maximize and strengthen the capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
Given the dynamic nature of the Greenacres Foundation Property and Mission, in addition to standard duties, this position may be called on to assist in any activity that may further the Mission of the Greenacres Foundation.
- Responsible for the daily planning, organization, supervision and administration of the Farm.
- Delivers leadership to Greenacres agriculture departments: Livestock, Vegetable Production and oversee Agriculture Research.
- Analyze and present data in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annually on goals.
- Works with the agriculture managers to create and manage enterprise budgets. Review all plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; keep the senior leadership team abreast of the Agriculture team’s results.
- Responsible for long term planning, operations, marketing and development of agriculture businesses. One of the long term goals is for Greenacres to become a demonstration site for Holistic Management and regenerative agriculture.
- Build and implement proposals and schedules for vehicles, infrastructure and machinery. Work with property and estate crew managers to complete tasks.
- Creates and implements production guidelines and protocols consistent with Holistic Management and grass based systems.
- Develops relationships with vendors to effectively manage and maintain a variety of unique machinery, buildings, infrastructure and production systems.
- Coordinates and oversees pasture and forage management responsibilities for Equine department.
- Develops relationships and speaking opportunities with world renowned consultants and presenters.
- Responsible for managing product through all phases to sales. Ensure that Greenacres is profitable and meets projected financial targets.
- This position lives on property and is on call 24/7.
- Review, update and implement all necessary processes and practices as needed to expand Greenacres capacity.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations and health and safety standards.
- Effectively communicate and present: projects, data, etc. to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or related fields.
- Training in Holistic Management certified through Holistic Management International.
- Experience in the agriculture sector.
- Experience in ranching for profit.
- Proven track record for being a strategic thought partner as well as getting results.
- Must be able to put a business plan together justifying proposals.
- Additional qualifications may include an MBA, Master in Agriculture or related degrees.
- Previous experiences that ensure a deep understanding of grass fed methodologies.
- At least 7-10 years of overall professional experience.
- Previous experience working on a farm managing crop, horticultural, livestock, and poultry production.
- A successful candidate must have a proven record of management using a “Dream It, Sell It, Implement It, Evaluate It” business model.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Greenacres.
Employment dependent on the ability to pass a physical, drug screen, and Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation fingerprinted background check.
Send a cover letter and résumé to: Greenacres Foundation- Human Resources, 8255 Spooky Hollow Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45242 or by email to [email protected].