Open Gate: Noble Pastures Day
July 9, 2016
Red Oak, Iowa, USA
Are you interested in nutrient-dense food for you and your family?
Do you want to learn how we can heal our land with a healthier food system?
Are you a farmer or livestock producer interested in learning how to use livestock to regenerate the land?
Our Noble Pastures Day is part of HMI’s Open Gate Learning Series. Open Gates are peer-to-peer action-based learning days with short presentations and small group exercises geared for participants to share discoveries and management techniques with guidance from experienced facilitators and producers.
Come and be a part of this on-the-ground learning day, enjoy nutritious, fresh food and help strengthen your local foodshed. Because we all have a stake in the way our food is grown.
What to Expect
At the Open Gate: Noble Pastures Day, you will…
- Meet the Carbaugh’s, who are creatively growing healthy food and regenerating their land
- Explore how to improve land health with grazing animals and cover crops
- Discover indicators of good soil health
- Learn about grass-fed meat production
- Practice monitoring land health using transects
- Discuss practical grazing and handling strategies to improve the land and the cattle
- Enjoy a farm-to-table lunch prepared by locally-owned Sauced
- Hear how Holistic Management enables producers to better manage risk, make better decisions and enjoy the benefits of regenerative agriculture
Advanced registration is $25 per person (includes lunch) and closes on July 1, 2016.
Thank You to our Collaborators & Outreach Partners
Sponsor This Series
Our Open Gate series offers organizations, agencies and businesses a great opportunity to network with farmers, ranchers and consumers interested in sustainable agricultural ideas, products and services. We offer a variety of affordable Sponsorship Opportunities to connect you with our community. Please email Stephanie von Ancken at stephv(AT)holisticmanagement(DOT)org for more information.