Whole Farm/Ranch Business Planning: California 2017
TomKat Ranch of Pescadero, California
October 23-24 | November 6 & 20 | December 4-5, 2017
9 am – 5:00 pm each day
Our six-day course is taught over approximately 6 weeks in 1 or 2-day increments, so you’ll have plenty of time to start applying what you’ve learned while you’re still enrolled in the course. Each day starts at 9 am and ends at 5 pm. There will be plenty of time to network with other ranchers and get feedback on your coursework.
What to Expect
By the end of the course, you will be well prepared to…
- Develop a management inventory to more effectively manage resources
- Clarify farm or ranch goals and utilize new ways to manage them
- Use a decision-making tool for making sustainable and effective decisions
- Develop time management tools to improve labor efficiency
- Better understand group dynamics
- Improve management of employees, interns and apprentices
- Develop effective implementation and monitoring of financial systems that work
- Develop strategies to increase profitability
- Leave with a financial plan you developed
- Determine the best enterprise(s) for a profitable operation
- Learn how to reduce stress around financial decision making
- Explore the link between marketing, profit, and cost of production
- Develop an effective marketing plan that utilizes current resources
- Determine best marketing strategies for your products and situation
- Determine marketing needs and additional resources necessary to address them
- Leave with a marketing plan you developed
- Determine key strategic initiatives necessary to grow and sustain the agricultural operation you manage
- Determine return on investment to prioritize initiatives
- Create timeline for strategic initiative implementation
- Leave with a business plan outline you developed that will help you develop your business and/or obtain funding for that business
This course is FSA Approved in California!
Due to grant funding, the cost for this program (valued at $800) is being offered at only $250 per person for all three 2-day workshops and only $150 for 2nd farm/ranch partner!
Walk-in registration, if available, will be $300 per person. Register soon, as we have limited space.
A limited number of scholarships are available.
Scholarship deadline: October 18, 2017
Registration deadline: October 18, 2017
Thank You to our Generous Sponsors:
Christiano Family Fund
Many thanks to our Collaborators on this Series:
Sponsorship opportunities available!
This course offers organizations, agencies and businesses a great opportunity to network with farmers and ranchers interested in sustainable agricultural ideas, products and services. We offer a variety of Sponsorship Opt.portunities to connect you with our community. Please contact Stephanie von Ancken for more information at [email protected]
Get the Latest News!
Stay up-to-date with the latest HMI happenings with our free bi-monthly e-newsletter, Covering Ground. New training opportunities, case studies, recipes, contests and more delivered right to you!
Leave a Reply