A total of 23 people attended the Whole Farm/Ranch Business Planning training that took place at TomKat Ranch, in Pescadero, California. The classes began in October and wrapped up in December, 2018.
The classes covered a variety of topics, including:
- Developing a management inventory to more effectively manage resources
- Clarifying farm or ranch goals and utilize new ways to manage them
- Using a decision-making tool for making sustainable and effective decisions
- Developing time management tools to improve labor efficiency
- Improving management of employees, interns and apprentices
- Developing effective implementation and monitoring of financial systems that work
- Developing strategies to increase profitability
- Developing an effective marketing plan that utilizes current resources
- Determining best marketing strategies for your products and situation
- Determining marketing needs and additional resources necessary to address them
- Creating timeline for strategic initiative implementation
Here are some of the results from the Whole Farm/Ranch Business Planning training at TomKat Ranch:
- Intend to change management practices as a result of this session – 100%
- More confident in ability to manage time on farm as a result of session – 100%
- Intend to complete or modify a financial plan for farm – 100%
- Intend to complete or modify a marketing plan as a result of session – 100%
- Intend to change any marketing practices as a result of session – 83%
HMI would also like to thank our funders, sponsors, and collaborators who made this training possible, including TomKat Ranch Educational Foundation, Regenerative Agriculture Foundation, San Benito Working Landscapes Group, Sonoma Resource Conservation District, Gold Ridge Resource Conservation District, Brittany Jensen, and Holistic Management Certified Educator, Richard King.
Be sure to check out our 2018 classes by visiting our website today!
Get the Latest News!
Stay up-to-date with the latest HMI happenings with our free bi-monthly e-newsletter, Covering Ground. New training opportunities, case studies, recipes, contests and more delivered right to you!
We will also send you a complimentary window decal to show everyone you’re living #LaVidaLocal! Sign up here.
Leave a Reply