HMI Certified Educator Roland Kroos will be facilitating a workshop in Jordan, Montana from November 6-9, 2017. This workshop will focus on recovering from fire, drought, and other disasters. Roland developed this Holistic Management workshop to address the needs of producers recovering from numerous wildfires throughout the West including the Lodgepole Fire. To learn more or register, click here.
The key to creating resiliency in any ranch operation is threefold:
- You must have the skills and knowledge to consistently create a true profit;
- You must be able manage livestock in a manner that creates a healthy landscape;
- You must empower a dynamic ranch team.
This hands-on seminar will improve your skills in all three facets by introducing you to Holistic Management® , a planning process designed to support ranchers and farmers in their everyday decision-making.
Learn How To:
• Develop a business plan based on the trinity of management
• Create a land plan that allows you to control livestock with cost effective fencing and water improvements
• Match livestock to their environment and capitalize on their natural attributes
• Reduce (stop) the overgrazing
• Plan for a profit in any livestock market
• Market your livestock and other products
• Empower a management team that is creative and flexible
• Create wildlife habitat and abundant feed through planned grazing
• Use Holistic Management® to make financially, ecologically, and socially sound decisions
What You Will Gain:
• Increased profitability
• Increased productivity from the land so you can sustain higher stocking rates of livestock and other wildlife
• Decreased weeds, poisonous plants, brush, erosion and other land management problems
• Greater returns from investments in land and livestock
• Decrease the need for supplementation while simultaneously maintaining healthier herds
• Protect the land base, which is the biggest investment for most operations
• A management team that is on the same page when decisions are made.
• Greater resiliency to survive all the disasters involved in agriculture.
Roland Kroos will be teaching this seminar. Roland has over 30 years experience in teaching Holistic Management® and helping ranchers practice these management concepts. Roland received his training and worked alongside Allan Savory, the founder of Holistic Management®. Shaelyn Meyer is training with Roland and will be assisting with this seminar.
They consider themselves practitioners and facilitators of Holistic Management® working with individuals and groups alike. Their enthusiasm and deep thinking will challenge your paradigms, yet help you develop confidence in holistic decision-making. Both have hands on experience in ranch/farm management and will share real-life examples of Holistic Management in action.
Registration deadline is October 23, 2017. To register, click here.
Get the Latest News!
Stay up-to-date with the latest HMI happenings with our free bi-monthly e-newsletter, Covering Ground. New training opportunities, case studies, recipes, contests and more delivered right to you!
When you sign up, we’ll send you a free #LaVidaLocal window decal!
And now you can show your support of local farmers and ranchers with our #LaVidaLocal 100% organic cotton T-shirt and recycled shopping tote bag! Order yours today!