Program and Outreach Manager Position
Holistic Management International: Since 1984, the HMI has been educating, collaborating and supporting the development, training and implementation of Holistic Management around the world. HMI’s statement of purpose is to advance the knowledge and practice of Holistic Management globally. We do this work through multiple avenues like online training, webinars, field days, in-person workshops, intensive schools, mentor programs and post training support. We extend our reach through our Certified Educator training, equipping inspired and inspiring individuals to extend this work to new and far-flung communities across the world, and to provide them with ongoing support and resources to enhance their impact.
Job Title: Program and Outreach Manager Position
Direct Report: Programs and Grants Director
Classification: 3/4 time (30 hours per week) with potential to move to full time
Salary: $40,000- $42,000 for ¾ time depending on experience and time commitment
Position Description: This manager position is responsible for scheduling and coordinating logistics for education events and implementing pre-events and post-event communication and follow up. They will also assist with the running of in-person events as needed. They will also assist with HMI’s online program management and other program-related activities. The manager will help develop and implement a customer service plan to follow up with alumni. This includes pre-event contact, post-event follow-up, and customer satisfaction monitoring—analyzing data and identifying strengths and weaknesses in HMI’s training process and materials and making suggestions to the HMI Education and Programs departments to improve our educational offerings and communication suggestions to the Director of Communications. The manager will support all program data collection, monitoring, and reporting responsibilities. The manager will also help maintain existing partnerships and relationships that will further the mission of HMI and contribute to its growth and success.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinating, scheduling, and supporting event facilitator and collaborators for in-person events, while responding to event participant questions and queries. Complete pre- and post-event outreach and post-event reporting including reporting event success and failures and suggesting improvements to the curriculum and educational approaches used.
- Set-up, schedule, and facilitate online training events, coordinate with facilitators and support facilitators, assist participants with queries and answer questions, and complete pre-event outreach and post-event training reporting and program adaptation suggestions.
- Assist with the development & management of HMI’s programs customer service plan, developing pre-event communication, at event relationship development and post-event follow-up and support. To effectively report lessons learned and suggestions made to program design.
- Help identify opportunities for new partnerships.
- Help develop educational programs and outreach materials for partners and the general public to ensure consistent and effective messaging.
- Assist the Programs & Grants Director in researching potential funding opportunities for programs and related data.
- May assist with content and management of social media accounts.
- May work with the management team on special projects.
- Use of Microsoft Office products, Zoom, Google Suite, and WordPress commensurate with the demands of the position. Use of GIS and/or design software a plus.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for Holistic Management and Regenerative Agriculture
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred in related field (Range Science, Ag Economics/Business, Communications, etc.) and two years of experience, or equivalent combination.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience leading, planning, and managing programs and projects in an entrepreneurial, customer service-oriented setting
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills and creativity
- Transparent and high integrity work ethic
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, collaborating, program development, and task facilitation
- Complex processes management and problem-solving skills
- Teamwork and motivational skills
- Cost control and budgeting skills preferred
- Exacting attention to detail
- Ability to lift 35 pounds
- $450/month Stipend toward group healthcare plan.
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability, etc.)
- 403 (b) savings program
- Generous time off program includes 18 days of holidays plus 12 hours/month sick leave and vacation
- Other great benefits (Healthcare Flexible Spending Account and flex-time.)
HMI is an equal opportunity employer. Position is open until filled. How to Apply: To apply for this position, follow these directions very closely:
- Send email to [email protected] with a subject titled:
Program and Outreach Manager Position Application
2. Attach your resume
3. Write a cover letter, including the following:
- Give a brief outline of your knowledge of or involvement with Holistic Management/Regenerative Agriculture
- Tell us why you consider yourself a good candidate for this position. Please address how you are a good fit for the distinct components of the job being offered.
- Address your cover letter to Dana McDaniel Bonham, Programs & Grants Director