Holisti-Kitchen: Recipes for the Hungry and Holistic
Julie’s Grass Fed Grilled Tacos
Take advantage of the last few warm days of summer and fire up the grill! These grass fed tacos are too good (and good for you) to be missed.
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 organic grass-fed flank steaks
1 avocado, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
6 white corn tortillas
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 lime, sliced into quarters
Dash salt and pepper
¼ cup olive oil
4 limes, juiced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
- To prepare the marinade, whisk the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the steaks, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Take out ten minutes before grilling.
- Lay down foil to cover half of the grill grates. Pre-heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper to the red onions. Caramelize the onions on the foil, flipping occasionally until they become translucent, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from grill, cover and set aside.
- While onions are caramelizing, add the flank steaks to the uncovered half of the grill. Sear on high heat for 2 minutes on each side. If meat is too rare, move to a cooler part of the grill (low to medium heat) and cook to desired doneness. Remove from grill, cover and set aside to rest.
- Add the tortillas to a cooler uncovered side of the grill (low to medium heat). Grill each side for about 1 minute, watching closely so they don’t burn. Remove from grill, cover and set aside.
- Assemble the tacos with 3 corn tortillas per plate, add sliced steak, caramelized onion, cheddar cheese and sliced avocados. Add a squeeze of lime and enjoy! Serves 2.
Leave a Reply