Open Gate: Walls Farm Day
July 26, 2016
Walls Farm in Alameda, SK, Canada
Our Walls Farm Day is part of HMI’s Open Gate Learning Series. Open Gates are peer-to-peer action-based learning days with short presentations and small group exercises geared for participants to share discoveries and management techniques with guidance from experienced facilitators and producers.
Come and be a part of this on-the-ground learning day and help strengthen your local foodshed. Because we all have a stake in the way our food is grown.
What to Expect
At the Open Gate: Walls Farm Day, you will…
- Meet the Walls, an award-winning family who raises great beef while stewarding their land for the benefit of the entire community
- Discover how to keep our water clean and hold more carbon in the soil
- Identify indicators of good soil and watershed health
- Learn how to make decisions towards a triple bottom line
- Practice looking for signs of healthy land and watersheds
- Discuss soil health benefits through managed grazing
- Practice assessing forage on the land
- Have a chance to ask producers who have practiced these techniques
- Hear how Holistic Management enables producers to better manage risk, make better decisions and enjoy the benefits of regenerative agriculture.
Thank You to our Collaborators & Outreach Partners:
Sponsor This Series
Our Open Gate series offers organizations, agencies and businesses a great opportunity to network with farmers, ranchers and consumers interested in sustainable agricultural ideas, products and services. We offer a variety of affordable Sponsorship Opportunities to connect you with our community. Please email Stephanie von Ancken at stephv(AT)holisticmanagement(DOT)org for more information.