Holistic Management International
Working in Harmony with You and Mother Nature to Create a Sustainable Future
It’s an ambitious and worthy goal. One that HMI, as the leader in educating people to better manage land, strives for every day. We do it by working toward our primary objective—helping farmers, ranchers, public land managers and development organizations achieve the following critical goals:
- Enhance the health, productivity and profitability of their land
- Increase annual profits, effectively and significantly
- Provide a framework for family, owners, managers, foremen, communal agriculturalists and other ranch/farm stakeholders to work together toward a common future
- Enable conservation or public land managers to consistently improve the health of the land while minimizing the cost to the public or constituencies
We Make a Real Impact
HMI, like all non-profits, exists for a reason. To serve a community — to meet a need. We are passionate about this need and are continually producing programs that deliver real impact to our community. We invite you to take a few minutes to read more about why we exist and the impact we are making.
We Customize Our Approaches to Your Individual Needs
At HMI, we understand you have unique needs and issues and we offer a range of ways to meet them. Educational Offerings include accessing free downloads or purchasing manuals, books and other materials at the HMI Store, taking workshops through HMI or a Holistic Management Certified Educator, and customized training for organizations and land management professionals.
We believe in the value of teaching an appreciation for healthy land management and we have several major programs that enhance and sustain the lives of community members. Click on the following links to learn more about them.
- Beginning Farmers & Ranchers
- Open Gate On-Farm Learning Series
- Getting Started OnLine Learning
- Whole Farm/Ranch Business Planning
Our Professional Development program consists of several unique training opportunities to help ag educators and professionals take their skills to the next level:
- Holistic Management Certified Educator Training
- Comprehensive Distance Learning
- Whole Farm Planning Training for Ag Educators
Staff & Board Members
Our Holistic Goal Helps Chart Our Course
Every good Holistic Management Practitioner creates a Holistic Goal. It’s a written reference point or guide for making decisions. We created one for HMI that details what we value. Download Here.
Committed to Transparency
HMI is an Albuquerque-based international 501c3 non-profit organization. We are committed to clarity and transparency. Copies of audited financial statements and IRS Form 990 are available upon request. Contributions are deductible to the full extent of the law.
HMI Annual Reports
On our Give page, you’ll find links to our donor reports. At HMI, we believe it’s important to keep our supporters informed of the impact their contributions are having on the lives of farmers and ranchers.