According to Terra Genesis International, the 7 Principles of Regenerative Agriculture are:
1. Work with wholes, not parts
2. Design for non-linear, multi-capital reciprocity
3. Make holistic decisions aimed at specific systems change
4. Express the unique irreplaceable essence of each person, farm and place
5. Continually evolve agro-ecological processes and cultures
6. Connect the farm to its larger agro-ecosystem and bio-region
7. Agriculture shifts the world
Recently, there has been talk about labeling food that is produced in a regenerative manner. But is that a good idea?
Organizational leaders, including HMI’s Executive Director Ann Adams, weigh in on the debate in this fascinating article from Civil Eats. What are your thoughts? Would you like to see food with a Regenerative label in your supermarket?
Please Help Us Grow
Holistic Management International’s mission is to educate people in regenerative agriculture for healthy land and thriving communities.
We have helped farmers and ranchers in 130 countries learn and practice Holistic Management for the past 3 decades. You can read some of their Success Stories to learn how Holistic Management has changed their lives and impacted their land.
As a non-profit organization, HMI is always grateful for donations in support of our mission. You can help regenerate land for healthy food and healthy lives with many giving options including scholarships for farmer/rancher training. Learn more here.