Because changing grazing management from traditional to more regenerative practices is perceived as risky and expensive, this course puts forward techniques and plans to lower the cost and risk of starting out with Holistic Planned Grazing.
This on-demand Advanced Grazing Course features videos, powerpoints, and worksheets from a recent Low Risk, Low-Cost Grazing Workshop we held at the 3R Ranch in Beulah, CO facilitated by HMI’s Wayne Knight. You will be able to work your way through the course on your own schedule. Feedback on your completed assignments from HMI Certified Educator and livestock grazing expert Ralph Tate will be available to you during the 6-week course which begins on October 25, 2021.
Topics covered include:
- Establishing your grazing priorities – a case for low-cost, low-risk ranching
- The importance of ecosystem health and key monitoring to ensure results (Land, Animals, Humans, Finances)
- Identifying risks and how to manage, monitor, and correct deviations from the plan
- Steps to accelerate your learning with certainty and confidence
- Determining optimal plant recovery times for your land
- Identifying, managing, and monitoring key indicators – animal production, ecosystem function, and quality of life
- Financial considerations and decisions for healthy profits
- Considering risk, stress, and quality of life in production decisions
- Takeaway actions for you to implement on your ranch
Here’s what participants at the Low Risk, Low-Cost Grazing Workshop at the 3R Ranch had to say:
“Wonderful! Comprehensive yet concise course. I’m excited to have actionable steps to take and implement today.”
“Very good. Wayne is an excellent facilitator.”
“Excellent blend of lecture, discussion, and practical exercises. This course provided me with resources to be a better steward of the land and our animals.”
“Wayne was extremely knowledgeable and very approachable.”
“Thanks for a very educational and enjoyable workshop. I look forward to participating in more workshops and mentor opportunities.”
“Exceeded expectations. Gave me methods to take home and use to plan, monitor, evaluate, and correct as needed.”
“I loved the class. Every time I take an HMI class, I learn such valuable, practical information that I can immediately apply.”
- 85% of attendees felt the workshop was excellent and 95% would recommend it to others
- 100% indicated a significant increase in their ability to run trials to learn about ecosystem function on their land
- 95% reported learning around animal production targets
- 95% reported learning on how to monitor and correct management decisions
Only $75 for the entire course!
Please watch this video to see how to register for this event.
Please note that this workshop is NOT part of the Workshop Week.
Thank you to our funders and sponsors.
Martha Records and Rich Rainaldi